Quick 3s – Marketing – ‘Earned Media’
You may have stumbled upon three frequently discussed marketing terms – ‘paid’, ‘owned,’ & ‘earned’. These terms can often seem confusing to some.
Here’s how I understand them:
- Paid media – stuff you pay for, like – ads, banners, etc.
- Owned media – content or media that you own – blogs, websites and so on
- Earned media (the focus of this piece) – when others talk about your business – social media likes, shares, subscriptions etc.
As a small business owner, a good way to improve brand value is to focus your efforts on getting more earned media.
3 examples of earned media–
- Social media shout outs
- Word of mouth marketing (WOM)
3 tips to increase chances of getting more earned media-
- Create engaging content
- Interact with your audience on the channels that they are most active on
- Network with industry insiders, influencers
Key message – Stay engaged with your audience!
By Sindhu Mathew
Image provided by Hussain Shah
Want to learn more or discuss ways to improve your marketing or content strategy?
Connect with us for no-cost, 1-on-1 sessions (virtual) with a Digital Marketing expert!
Check out our SEO and/or Marketing webinars here!