You may have stumbled upon three frequently discussed marketing terms – ‘paid’, ‘owned,’ & ‘earned’. These terms can often seem confusing to some.
Here’s how I understand them:
- Paid media – stuff you pay for, like – ads, banners, etc.
- Owned media – content or media that you own – blogs, websites and so on
- Earned media (the focus of this piece) – when others talk about your business – social media likes, shares, subscriptions etc.
As a small business owner, a good way to improve brand value is to focus your efforts on getting more earned media.
3 examples of earned media–
- Social media shout outs
- Word of mouth marketing (WOM)
3 tips to increase chances of getting more earned media-
- Create engaging content
- Interact with your audience on the channels that they are most active on
- Network with industry insiders, influencers
Key message – Stay engaged with your audience!
Want to learn more or discuss ways to improve your marketing or content strategy?
Connect with us for no-cost, 1-on-1 sessions (virtual) with a Digital Marketing expert!
Check out our SEO and/or Marketing webinars here!