Anatomy of a Murder: How Hackers are Killing Small Businesses – *Webinar (Live)* – PW
Anatomy of a Murder: How hackers are killing small businesses — And here’s what you need to do to protect yourself
(Co-Presented by Teresa Piliouras and Gary Alfano)
When you read about cyber scams, do you ever think, “I would’ve never fallen for that!”
In this webinar, you will learn to see your blind-spots and how they can be used to compromise your business.
Who should attend: This presentation is designed for small businesses that want practical help with cybersecurity
Topics to be covered:
- BEC (Business Email Compromise) and how it’s bankrupting small businesses
- What’s BEC and the psychology behind it
- Why is BEC so effective and dangerous
- Trends in BEC attacks
- Examples – Learn to recognize BEC
- What you should do to protect against BEC attacks
- Guest Speaker from Webster Bank: Kevin Thompson, SVP, Manager of Fraud Services, will discuss trends Webster Bank is seeing with respect to BEC, and what they are doing to protect customers against it.
- Guest Speaker from John M. Glover Insurance Agency: Tammy Lee Dun, VP, Business Development, will discuss different types of cybersecurity insurance.
- – CEO and Founder, Technical Consulting & Research, Inc
- – Senior Business Counselor (Government Contracting Specialist), Mason SBDC
- – SVP (Manager of Fraud Services), The Webster Bank
- – VP (Business Development), John M. Glover Insurance Agency
Co-sponsor(s) & Partner(s): Prince William County Department of Economic Development & Prince William Chamber of Commerce
Cancellation Policy: Please provide 24 business-hours notification prior to the event. Kindly email – firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or call 703-261-4105 to notify the team.
Special Instructions: This live webinar will be on the Zoom platform. Zoom invitation link will be emailed after registration.
Fee: No Cost